The Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, University of Pardubice, is seeking to appoint:
- a (senior) Research Fellow in ethics
Intended start date: September 1st, 2021 (negotiable); contract duration 12 months; internationally competitive salary.
We are looking to appoint an established mid-career researcher to join the team of the Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value. This is a research-intensive post. The successful applicant will be given academic and administrative support to pursue his or her own work. In return he or she will be expected to produce a number of publications with international impact, to collaborate with other members of the Centre by way of joint grant project proposals and to participate in the Centre's lively research environment. We welcome applications by researchers in ethics whose work fits the research profile of the Centre. Specialisations in related fields such as political philosophy, philosophy of law, applied ethics, moral psychology, philosophy of action, history of ethics, philosophy of religion, and philosophy of art and literature, will be considered, so long as there is a clear ethical connection in the applicant’s research proposal.
This post suits an established researcher. The preference is for an applicant who has reached the level of Docent, Associate Professor, or equivalent. The candidate is expected to have a good record of publications and research activities commensurate with the advanced career stage of Associate Professor/Docent. Previous experience with joint (co-authored) publications and with major research projects, preferably as principal investigator, is an advantage. Successful applicants should not be employed at any other university or research institution at the time of the agreed start date of the job. Applications for temporary exceptions must be made in advance to the Dean of the Faculty.
- Full-time contract for 12 months.
- Research position with no teaching requirements and minimal administrative obligations; opportunity to supervise PhD students.
- Internationally competitive salary.
- Additional benefits: health and social insurance, 8 weeks of paid holidays.
- Generous travel allowance, laptop and PC, well-equipped library and electronic resources.
- Friendly workplace environment, conducive to research.
Documents and information (in English) to be submitted with the application:
- Letter of motivation (1 page).
- Professional CV, including a list of research, publication and teaching activities.
- Copy of research degree or academic title documentation.
- Research proposal involving a description of planned cooperative grant activities (2000 words).
- One sample of academic writing (e.g. a paper) relevant to the research area of the Centre for Ethics. For details about the Centre see the Centre website.
The application together with all the attachments should be sent by April 7th, 2021 by e-mail to Tereza Mlejnková (email@example.com). Please state the name of the position in the e-mail subject.
The job committee will invite selected applicants for an interview (conducted in English) that will take place on April 21th–22nd, 2021. Notifications will be sent to all the applicants by April, 14th. Interviews will be conducted by video conference. The job decisions will be sent to all candidates by May 7th, 2021. For further inquiries, contact Dr. Ondřej Beran (firstname.lastname@example.org).